It's apparently the season for internet pay-TV providers to raise their rates.
Sony announced Monday that all PlayStation Vue plans - Access, Core, Elite and Ultra - will increase by $5 per month, starting July 24, 2018. The move comes after AT&T over the weekend began notifying DirecTV Now subscribers of a $5-per-month price increase, and Dish's Sling TV upped the price of its Orange plan (which includes ESPN and Disney) by five bucks, to $25 monthly.
"Unfortunately, we must increase the price of our multichannel plans to keep pace with rising business costs and enable us to continue offering a better way to watch the best in live sports, entertainment, and news," Dwayne Benefield, VP, head of PlayStation Vue, wrote in a blog post announcing the new pricing.
Sony plans to add more broadcast TV stations and content "that resonates with fans, as well as ongoing feature enhancements," Benefield added.
Current PS Vue subscribers will see the higher pricing reflected on their billing cycle after July 31, 2018. Pricing of add-ons and standalone channels will not be affected, according to Sony.
More to come.
Other related articles...
- Sony finally launches the new playstation 4 (ps4) [photos]
- World: Japanese climber dies on everest, raising toll this month to 3
- Potential Explosive Packages Sent to Hillary Clinton, Obama And CNN
- This is the PlayStation 5
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition loses the disc drive
- Finally, Davido Opens Up On Sony Music Deal, Album Delay
- Sony/ATV Signs Bob Marley, Leonard Cohen Catalogs for Neighboring Rights
- why women kill 30
- set it off 502
- da 5 blood 2
- 1917 15
- s.w.a.t season 2 episode 6 44
- mayorkun new song kuana 0
- money heist season one episode nine 2
- 21 bridges 12
- the 2nd 446
- pretty little lairs 0
- mayorkun new song 33
- i cannot lie by diamond jimma 0
- castle and castle 88
- gangs of london 10
- action 3367