EPL: Mourinho kicks against COVID-19 vaccine for players

EPL: Mourinho kicks against COVID-19 vaccine for players

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho, has said he is against any decision to give Premier League players COVID-19 vaccines before the general public.

The Premier League has rescheduled a few matches this season due to Coronavirus outbreaks, including Tottenham's clash against Fulham in December.

Mourinho was furious the match was called off hours before kick-off and Spurs were held to a 1-1 draw in the rescheduled game.

Earlier this month, Tottenham was one of several clubs to offer the use of their stadium to the National Health Service (NHS) as a potential venue for administering the vaccine.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche has previously said that footballers should be "fast-tracked" for vaccines. But Mourinho said players should not be seen as a priority.

"I wouldn't [agree]. Maybe it's controversial, maybe people disagree with me but I wouldn't," he told a news conference.

"There are people in much bigger risks than we, and especially young football players, are.

"I feel that people on the front line every day - health workers and older people - of course, I think they should be in front. But that's just my feeling."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...