EPL: Dietmar Hamann reveals Mohamed Salah's successor at Liverpool

EPL: Dietmar Hamann reveals Mohamed Salah's successor at Liverpool

A former Liverpool midfielder, Dietmar Hamann, has identified Bayern Munich's Kingsley Coman as the player to succeed forward, Mohamed Salah, at Anfield should the Egyptian international decide to move on next summer transfer window.

Hamann believes Coman would be a perfect replacement for Salah because the French star is quick, clever and has great decision making and finishing.

Salah recently refused to rule out a future transfer to Spanish La Liga clubs, Barcelona or Real Madrid.

"For me, the best winger out there at the moment is Kingsley Coman," Hamann told Stadium Astro.

"He had injury problems when he came to Munich, but he got fit and scored the winner in the Champions League final.

"He's two-footed, he's quick, he's very clever, great decision making and his finishing has improved an awful lot.

"Coman is the player. If Salah were to move, if he wants to go, it might be quite likely, that'll have a knock-on effect. Liverpool will have to buy somebody.

"Whoever they sign, that team will need to buy a replacement. Things happen quickly."

He added, "I don't know whether there is anything in Salah giving an interview or wanting to go to Spain. If he wants to leave, Barcelona and [Real] Madrid would be interested.

"If a player wants to leave, you've got to let him go. If he has the desire to leave, it is probably pretty likely that he will leave in the summer.

"I think they'll have a list [of replacements]."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...