West Ham vs Man Utd: I'm always six games from being sacked - Solskjaer

West Ham vs Man Utd: I'm always six games from being sacked - Solskjaer

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has welcomed Ed Woodward's long-term support, but admits he is always six games from the sack.

Woodward has been insistent in his stance that Solskjaer fits the club's "long-term approach" with his latest show of support coming at a fans' forum event.

The Norwegian's position again came under scrutiny, following the 3-1 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday which has left qualification into the knockout stages of the Champions League on a knife edge.

And despite Woodward's backing, the United boss admits he is under pressure to be successful now.

"From my experience, from my discussions with the club, we think long term," Solskjaer told a news conference on Friday ahead of the trip to West Ham.

"Of course, you've got to look at the short-term results as well but my vision is long term and my discussions with the club have always been long term.

"But also short term, you can't not think about the next six games.

"You've got to think about the next game and the next six. You also have to plan and think for the bigger picture. For me, I can only speak from my experience."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...