EPL: Rio Ferdinand tells Martial, Rashford, Greenwood one area to learn from Cavani

EPL: Rio Ferdinand tells Martial, Rashford, Greenwood one area to learn from Cavani

Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand, has urged forwards, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood to learn from their fellow teammate, Edinson Cavani's movement.

Ferdinand believes Cavani, who scored two goals and provided an assist in Man United's 3-2 win at Southampton on Sunday, possesses the type of killer instinct that has been missing at Old Trafford and wants Martial, Rashford and Greenwood to improve by learning from the 33-year-old's game.

The former England defender stated this ahead of Man United's Champions League clash with PSG on Wednesday.

"The amount that Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial will learn off this guy [Edinson Cavani] and his movement alone is unbelievable," Ferdinand told the FIVE YouTube channel.

"It's worth having him just for that to improve these boys, but they have got to be willing to learn.

"They have got to want to learn. They have got to look at Edinson Cavani and say: 'I want that in my game. How am I going to do that? Analysis man at the club can you give me some videos of Cavani's movement?'

"That is the type of stuff you have got to do to improve: Self-analyse, self-reflect. Look at yourself. Who can I learn from? He's the man.

"Over 200 goals at PSG listen, he knows what to do. I would be tapping into that massively."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...