Man Utd vs Tottenham: Mourinho clears air on 'revenge' plan ahead of EPL clash

Man Utd vs Tottenham: Mourinho clears air on 'revenge' plan ahead of EPL clash

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho, has insisted he is not out for revenge when he takes his side to Manchester United on Sunday.

Mourinho was United boss for two and a half seasons before he was sacked in December 2018 and replaced by current manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Ahead of the Premier League clash, Mourinho was asked if he was seeking revenge.

"Revenge? I won so many times at Old Trafford as Man Utd coach and as an opponent coach.

Revenge for what? Nobody treated me badly there, everyone was so nice to me," the Portuguese said.

During his time at Old Trafford, Mourinho won the Carabao Cup and Europa League in 2016/2017, as well as the Community Shield in 2016.

However, he fell short in the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup, finishing as runner-up in the league and FA Cup in 2017/2018.

"I won what was possible to win, I didn't win what was not possible to win. I gave everything, I gave my life to the club and my professionalism like I always do.

"Internally, lots of friends for life, lots of amazing people that I met in the club. I only have good feelings, feelings that I will have to forget in 90 minutes because for 90 minutes, they want to win, I want to win, that's football," Mourinho added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...