Carabao Cup: Klopp reveals why Liverpool lost to Arsenal

Carabao Cup: Klopp reveals why Liverpool lost to Arsenal

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has said that Arsenal defeated his team in the Carabao Cup fourth round tie on Thursday night because the Gunners shot 'really well' against the Reds during the penalty shootout.

Klopp also said that the performance of Arsenal goalkeeper, Bernd Leno, contributed to their defeat against Mikel Arteta's side.

Arsenal qualified for the Carabao Cup last eight, thanks to a penalty shootout 5-4 win over Liverpool at Anfield following a 0-0 draw.

"It's difficult to be too positive about a game when you don't win it, but actually it would have been a draw, and I think against Arsenal a draw is still a really good result," Klopp was quoted by Liverpool's official website as saying post-match.

"Then we lost the penalty shootout. We had the bigger chances in the game, so I think we did a lot of good things in this football game and that's what you wish for as a manager when you send the boys out there.

"With that part of the game, I was pretty happy, with the performance I was happy. Yes, we could be a little bit more clinical in finishing, but Bernd Leno made a really good game, to be honest, so he could make a few saves.

"And in the end, the penalty shootout - the oldest story of football, it's luck and a lot of things. Arsenal shot really well and us not the exactly same, and that's why we lost."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...