Liverpool vs Arsenal: Klopp gives injury updates with key players set to miss EPL clash

Liverpool vs Arsenal: Klopp gives injury updates with key players set to miss EPL clash

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has said he will not over-react to an injury crisis, ahead of Monday's Premier League clash at home to Arsenal.

Goalkeeper Alisson Becker and new signing Thiago Alcantara are both almost certain to be ruled out of the game at Anfield.

Klopp, speaking ahead of the fixture, made it clear the problem cannot be solved in the transfer market.

The German coach insisted he is happy with his Liverpool squad and will not panic.

"I don't expect a lot to be honest. You think you are well covered, and you cannot solve that in the transfer market.

"We have three absolutely top, top, top center-halves, young players in line, Fabinho in hand if you want, and then all of a sudden three players are out for a few days and that is not nice.

"But you cannot solve that in the transfer market. That is just not possible. We will not even try if nothing more serious happens. I hope we don't have to try that.

"If the situation stays like it is at the moment then no there will be nothing. All the rest we are in quite a good place squad wise and what the outcome will be i have no idea at the moment. We will see," he said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...