Carabao Cup: Havertz speaks on scoring hat-trick in Chelsea's 6-0 win over Barnsley

Carabao Cup: Havertz speaks on scoring hat-trick in Chelsea's 6-0 win over Barnsley

Kai Havertz has expressed his delight after scoring his first professional hat-trick, as Chelsea thrashed Barnsley 6-0 in the Carabao Cup third round on Wednesday night.

The German international also said he was impressed by the performance of fellow attacker Tammy Abraham.

The pair linked up well, as Havertz netted his first Chelsea goals, with Abraham opening scoring at Stamford Bridge.

Ross Barkley, who was assisted by Havertz, and Olivier Giroud - who was assisted by Chelsea debutant Ben Chilwell - also grabbed a goal, as the Blues progressed.

"I'm very happy to score my first hat-trick here at Chelsea.

"I'm very happy about the win and happy about my three goals and hope we continue like that," Havertz said after the game.

On Abraham's role in his performance, Havertz added: "I think he's a very, very good striker and I think our partnership on the pitch was very good.

"It was our first game together but I like him very much as a striker. For me as a No. 10 it's very good to play with him."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...