EPL: Lampard reacts to Chelsea's 2-0 defeat to Liverpool, speaks on Kepa's performance

EPL: Lampard reacts to Chelsea's 2-0 defeat to Liverpool, speaks on Kepa's performance

Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, has reacted to his side's Premier League 2-0 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday.

Lampard also commented on goalkeeper, Kepa's performances against Jurgen Klopp's side.

Sadio Mane scored twice in the second half against the 10 men, to hand the Reds all three points against the Blues.

Chelsea had a chance to pull one back late in the game, but Jorginho saw his penalty saved by Alisson Becker.

"I am disappointed losing 2-0, but I am happier today than many times at Brighton," Lampard told Sky Sports.

"We are still in the pre-season. I saw spirit, desire to defend by many of our players. The players have to take heart.

"We have to have time, every team who has done well in the modern game has that. Now is a new start. It will take time.

"We have to try to give Kepa confidence, goalkeepers rely on that. It's a clear mistake, he has admitted that."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...