Fikayo Tomori responds as Kai Havertz thanks him for No.29 shirt at Chelsea

Fiyako Tomori showed his class with a lovely message for Kai Havertz on Instagram after it was confirmed that the German would be taking over his No.29 shirt for Chelsea's new campaign.

Chelsea officially announced their squad numbers for the 2020/21 season on Thursday morning, with the club having to ring the changes to accommodate for their five additions this summer.

Former Ajax star Hakim Ziyech has been allocated the No.22 shirt, Christian Pulisic has switched to No.10 following Willian's departure and Timo Werner will be donning Pedro's No.11.

Elsewhere, Thiago Silva has been handed the No.6 shirt, Ben Chilwell will be wearing No.21 and Tomori has given up the No.29 jersey to £71 million signing Havertz.

The attacking midfielder made the No.29 shirt his own across his four years in Bayer Leverkusen's first-team and asked for the number upon his arrival at Chelsea, with Tomori reportedly set for a loan move to Everton.

'Thank you @fikayotomori - 29 ?⚪️ ,' Havertz messaged Tomori on Instagram after Chelsea's new squad numbers were announced.

The young Chelsea defender responded: 'It suits you bro ??'

While Everton looked to be closing in on a season-long loan deal for Tomori, Frank Lampard played down speculation of a possible move for the 22-year-old at his press conference on Thursday afternoon.

'Fikayo trained with us today and is in contention for the Brighton game, and that's where we're at,' the Chelsea head coach said.

'There's nothing specific I want him to improve, all I want him to do is work hard, show the work ethic he's shown me at Derby and for major parts of last season.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...