Upamecano takes final decision on joining Man Utd

Upamecano takes final decision on joining Man Utd

RB Leipzig defender, Dayot Upamecano, has ruled out any possibility of joining Manchester United this summer.

We recall that Upamecano had been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United this summer transfer window, with the Red Devils' manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer keen to partner the Frenchman with captain Harry Maguire.

But Upamecano has now confirmed that he is not in a hurry to leave Leipzig this summer despite having talks with interested clubs to depart the Bundesliga giants.

According to him, he currently feels good with his teammates at Leipzig.

The 21-year-old extended his contract with Leipzig in July this year that will see him remain at the club until 2023.

Speaking on the development, Upamecano was quoted by MEN as saying: "I extended my contract with Leipzig because I feel good with my teammates.

"My coach is giving me confidence. He is learning as well, but he gives me confidence, and it improves my level.

"I have been in Leipzig for more than three years. I feel good. I have been in demand, I talked to some clubs, it is true, but I am not in a hurry.

"We will see what happens in the future."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...