Liverpool coach, Klopp speaks on Messi joining Man City from Barcelona

Liverpool coach, Klopp speaks on Messi joining Man City from Barcelona

Liverpool boss, Jurgen Klopp, has welcomed Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi, to Manchester City.

Messi has already told Barcelona that he wants to leave Camp Nou this summer and wants to trigger a clause in his contract which will see him become a free agent.

The Argentine captain has since been linked with a move to Manchester City, where he could reunite with former manager, Pep Guardiola, who he played under for four years at Barcelona.

Asked about a potential move for Messi, Klopp told a pre-match press conference on Friday ahead of Liverpool's Community Shield against Arsenal on Saturday, that the 33-year-old would help Man City and make them difficult to beat.

Klopp said: "Interest? Yeah, who doesn't want to have Messi in their team?

"But no chance. The numbers are absolutely not for us, so we don't even have to start thinking about it! It is clear. There is no chance.

"But good player, to be honest.

"It would obviously help Manchester City," Klopp added. "It would make it even more difficult to beat them, and it was already very difficult.

"For the Premier League, it would be great, 100 per cent.

"Having, I think, the best player in the world come to the league would obviously help. I'm not sure the Premier League needs a boost, but it would be a boost.

"It would be interesting to see, as well. Messi never played in another league than Spain.

"Football is different here, so I actually would like to see it. But I'm not sure if I will."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...