Just in: See the leaked message Lionel Messi sent to Barcelona demanding cancellation of his contract

Just in: See the leaked message Lionel Messi sent to Barcelona demanding cancellation of his contract

Lionel Messi handed in a transfer request for Barcelona to terminate his contract and the purported fax message has circulated on social media.

The club confirmed that the 33-year-old star ordered the Catalan club to terminate his existing contract with immediate effect citing a clause in the deal.

Messi asked for the club's co-operation as he prepares to leave the club, but Barcelona are ready to fight it out, adding that the player's clause had expired on June 10.

In an image shared by an Instagram account Barca Theory, a purported Lionel Messi fax which he sent to the club was shown.

It has been translated to mean: "By means of this letter, I, Lionel Andres Messi Cuccittini, with a white ID [blank], request that the employment benefit contract that I currently occupy in your distinguished club be terminated, based on clause number 24 that allows me to have this power."

Meanwhile, the embattled play-maker has been told he lacks respect and the only condition that will see him leave Barcelona peacefully is if he pays the club £628million to cancel Barcelona contract.

Barcelona have been dealt a major problem after Lionel Messi reportedly informed the club he wants to leave this summer.

Messi reportedly made up his mind to walk away from the club which he made his home for 15 years after talks with new boss Ronald Koeman.

He had one of the most unforgiving seasons of his otherwise glittery career in 2019/2020, in a campaign which was summed up by a humiliating defeat at the hands of Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter final.

And according to presidential candidate and ex-director at the Toni Freixa, Messi handled the issue in a very unfortunate way adding that the only option the Argentine has is to pay the club£628million then he can leave.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...