Champions League: Guardiola reserves comment on VAR decision in Lyon's favour, Sterling's miss

Champions League: Guardiola reserves comment on VAR decision in Lyon's favour, Sterling's miss

Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola, refused to complain about VAR's decision that allowed Lyon's goal to stand in their 3-1 defeat to the Ligue 1 side.

City have failed to qualify for the semi-final of the Champions League ever since Guardiola took over four years ago.

The Premier League side went into the break a goal down, thanks to Maxwel Cornet's effort.

Although Kevin De Bruyne equalized, substitute Moussa Dembele's brace won the game for Lyon.

In the build up to Dembele's second, he seemed to foul City defender, Aymeric Laporte.

"I don't know, I don't want to talk about those circumstances because sometimes it seems like I'm complaining or looking for excuses.

"We are out, I had the feeling we were incredible already, but we made mistakes in the boxes in the key moments," Guardiola told BT Sport.

Guardiola also rued Sterling's incredible open-goal miss, which would have made it 2-2.

"That moment sums up this competition, we had to equalise and after we conceded the third goal. That's this competition, you have to be perfect.

"We created more chances, had more shots, we did everything but unfortunately we are out again," he added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...