Ole Solskjaer names 1 big club he wants Man United to face in Europa League semifinal

Ole Solskjaer names 1 big club he wants Man United to face in Europa League semifinal

Man United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said he would love to face Sevilla in Europa League semis.

United, who are the competition's favourites booked a place in the last four after defeating FC Copenhagen on Monday night, August 10, in Cologne.

Despite comfortably reaching the quarters, the Red Devils struggled against the Danish side who were sturdy in defence.

Twice Mason Greenwood had the chance to put United ahead, with his effort on the stroke of half time being ruled out for an offside.

The youngster had another opportunity minutes into the second half, but his powerful shot hit the post.

The Premier League giants had to rely on an extra time penalty to settle the match which finished goalless after regulation time.

Anthony Martial won the spot kick after he was brought down in the dangerous area, with Bruno Fernandes stepping up to convert the all-important chance.

The Old Trafford dwellers are due to take on the winner between Wolves and Sevilla who will face off in the other quarter final fixture.

And when asked which between the two sides he would prefer United meet, Solskjaer pointed out he would fancy an encounter against Sevilla.

"Two good teams, definitely. We know everything about Wolverhampton," Metro UK quoted Solskjaer saying.

"I had Sevilla in the last 16 with Molde, so I'd like to get back at them. I don't mind," he added.

Victory in the semis will put Man United a step away from recapturing the European title they won in 2017 under then manager, Jose Mourinho.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...