Bayern vs Chelsea: Lampard reveals why Willian will not play in Champions League tie

Bayern vs Chelsea: Lampard reveals why Willian will not play in Champions League tie

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has given reasons why Willian will not feature in their Champions League last-16 second leg at Bayern Munich on Saturday.

Speaking with the media ahead of the game on Friday, Lampard insisted the Brazil international was carrying a knock, which saw him sit out the FA Cup final against Arsenal last week.

Willian's current deal with the Blues expires after their European engagements, with the 31-year-old close to signing for Arsenal.

Lampard also claimed Chelsea have "done everything we can" to try to keep Willian.

"I haven't got an answer for you (if Willian will leave) first and foremost, because Willian remains our player at the moment.

"He's injured for Saturday, and he was injured for the cup final. He would have given everything to play in those games.

"I know Willian well. I've seen him, he's carried this injury a little bit from the latter part of the restart," Lampard said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...