EPL: How Lampard reacted to Chelsea's 2-0 win over Wolves, Mason Mount's free-kick

EPL: How Lampard reacted to Chelsea's 2-0 win over Wolves, Mason Mount's free-kick

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has said that he was pleased and proud after his team defeated Wolves 2-0 on the final day of the 2019/20 Premier League fixture to qualify for next season's Champions League.

He also commented on midfielder, Mason Mount's free-kick against Wolves.

Lampard's side defeated Wolves at Stamford Bridge Stadium, thanks to two goals from Mason Mount and Olivier Giroud.

"I am very pleased, and I don't want to sing my own praises," Lampard told a post-match press conference after the game.

"I have said a lot before, and there were unknowns. You have seen breakthrough seasons, so it's a team effort of staff and players. I am proud.

"But we want to challenge for titles in the future. We have been inconsistent at times."

On Mount's free-kick, Lampard said: "He'll definitely get better because he is so young. He is still young. You saw the technique for the free-kick; it's just the start for him at Chelsea."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...