Chelsea vs Wolves: Lampard reveals how Blues will approach Premier League fixture

Chelsea vs Wolves: Lampard reveals how Blues will approach Premier League fixture

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has revealed that his team will approach their Premier League final day clash against Wolves on Sunday at Stamford Bridge with one intention, to win the match.

Lampard explained that Chelsea would prepare right and respect Wolves, but will try to take all three points against the visitors.

Lampard's side head to the game after losing 5-3 to Premier League champions, Liverpool in their previous fixture.

"No, we will approach the game [against Wolves] to win it," Lampard said as quoted by Chelsea's official website.

"There is no other way to approach a game of football. We'll do that, prepare right, and respect our opponent.

"They're very good, we have seen that all season, we are aware of the situation, but we will try to win.

"The goal was to get in the top four and improve this squad and try and develop and be as good as we can be. Now we have the opportunity to be in the top four, and it is a huge game.

"I will approach it as I see right in terms of what I say to the players and how we set up on the day."

Lampard added: "I have a real sense the players understand the position we are in. I have seen that in our last two performances, and I expect more of the same on Sunday."

The match kick-off time is scheduled at 4 pm.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...