Kylian Mbappe finally clears the air, reveals the club he will play for next season

Kylian Mbappe finally clears the air, reveals the club he will play for next season

Paris Saint-Germain have been handed a boost after Kylian Mbappe confirmed he will be staying at the club next campaign.

The 2018 FIFA World Cup winner has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid this summer with the La Liga champions planning to build another formidable team.

Mbappe who has been regarded as the world's most valuable player at the moment was in action for the Ligue 1 champions in their 4-0 win over Scottish side, Celtic.

After the game, the forward had to clear the air on his stance with the Parisians, saying that he wants to help them achieve more success before considering leaving them.

The 21-year-old said: "I just have to say that I'm here, I'm in the project for the fourth year.

"For everyone, the directors, the supporters. I'm going to keep going, no matter what.

"I want to help the team win trophies and be the best in the world."

The player's deal expires in the summer of 2022 and should he fail to sign a new deal with his present employers, Real Madrid will have the chance to sign him for less than they are asking now.

With players like Gareth Bale and Luka Jovic set for Bernabeu exit this summer, Real might need to find an urgent replacement for their outgoing stars.

The Spanish league champions are also eyeing a move for the French duo of Paul Pogba and N'Golo Kante, but the former Juventus midfielder seems to have agreed to a new five-year deal with Manchester United as the partnership with Bruno Fernandes continues to blossom.

Meanwhile, Zinedine Zidane was said to have urged Kante not to sign a new deal with Chelsea in favour of a move to the Spanish capital.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...