EPL: Solskjaer hits back at Lampard, Mourinho over comments on Man Utd

EPL: Solskjaer hits back at Lampard, Mourinho over comments on Man Utd

Manchester United boss, Ole Gunner Solskjaer, has hit back at suggestions from Chelsea coach, Frank Lampard and Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho, that the Red Devils have benefited from more VAR decisions and have been "luckier" than other Premier League clubs this season.

Lampard had questioned some of the "strange" VAR decisions that have benefited Man United this season, while Mourinho said his old club have been "a bit lucky" in their push for a top-four place on the Premier League table.

Man United have had more decisions overturned in their favour by VAR than any other Premier League side, as well as being awarded the most penalties, and that continued in their last Premier League 2-0 win against Crystal Palace on Thursday.

Reacting to the development ahead of Man United's FA Cup semi-final clash on Sunday, Solskjaer totally rejected their remarks and insisted that his team have not benefitted more than any other club in the Premier League from VAR.

"Well, how long have we got? I can sit here for hours now and try to talk about this," Solskjaer said as quoted by Metro UK.

"It looks like there is a narrative; it looks like people want to influence whoever is making the decisions.

"But, I hear people talking about luck, that we have been lucky more than unlucky, then if you look at the factual decisions, I do not want to sound like a certain manager talking about facts - but if you are offside, you are offside. That is clear.

"Talking about lucky, the penalty we got against Tottenham in the last minute that was taken away from us - that might be two points for us," he said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...