Liverpool manager Klopp makes big statement about Man City's 2-year Champions League ban has been lifted

Liverpool manager Klopp makes big statement about Man City's 2-year Champions League ban has been lifted

Jurgen Klopp has given his opinion after the Court of Arbitration of Sports overturned Man City's two-year Champions League ban.

The outgoing champions can now compete in next season Champions League competition despite being slammed with a heft ban and fine.

However, Liverpool boss Klopp believes the lifting of the ban is not good with all the allegations leveled against City for breaking Financial Fair Play rules (FFF).

When the German tactician was asked about City's judgment he said: "I don't know if I can answer it.

"It's a serious subject. From a personal point of view I'm happy City can play CL last year, they don't have 10-12 games less now in PL - no other team would have had a chance in the league.

"I don't think it was a good day for football yesterday, to be honest.

"FFP is a good idea. It is there for protecting teams and the competition, so that nobody overspends and have to make sure the money they want to spend is based on the right sources.

"I'm from Germany, we have a club basis not an owner one.

"You have to get your licence every year. FFP is a good idea - but it's not up to me to judge it.

"I just think we should all stick to FFP rules. I really hope it stays. It gives some borders.

"If the richest clubs and countries can do what they want to do, then that makes it difficult. That would lead to a world league, it would depend on who owns the clubs and not the names of the clubs."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...