Man City vs Liverpool: Klopp explains why Guardiola's side defeated Reds 4-0

Man City vs Liverpool: Klopp explains why Guardiola's side defeated Reds 4-0

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has said that Manchester City defeated his team 4-0 in the Premier League on Thursday night because the Reds lacked 'fluidity' during the encounter.

According to Klopp, Pep Guardiola's side was quicker than Liverpool in mind, adding that his players did not make good use of their chances against Man City.

Four goals from Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling, Phil Foden and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (OG) gave City all three points against Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium.

Speaking after the game, Klopp told Sky Sports: "Is the game important to us? I saw a brilliant attitude.

"They were quicker than us in mind. We lacked fluidity. Against Man City, you have massive problems.

"We had moments. We had chances, and we did not use them. The result we have to take.

"If you want to lead this story in direction, we were not focused, then do it. I liked my team's attitude; you ask again. Isn't it nice another team can be champions when Man City can play so well.

"Man City are incredible. I saw their season, and they did not play a bad game."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...