EPL: Mourinho reveals Man Utd's weakness after 1-1 draw with Tottenham

EPL: Mourinho reveals Man Utd's weakness after 1-1 draw with Tottenham

Tottenham Hotspur boss, Jose Mourinho, hash revealed that he allowed Manchester United have the ball during their 1-1 draw on Friday because they are not very good with build-up play.

Mourinho's men took the lead in the first half through Steven Bergwijn's powerful effort.

However, United ensured the points were shared after Bruno Fernandes converted a late penalty.

Mourinho, who managed the Old Trafford side for three years, admits he was wary of their threat with counter attacks and did not want to play into their hands.

"We analyse United [before the game] but I don't think it's for us to speak about them,' Mourinho said after the match.

"I'll just say that I think we gave them what I think they are not very good at, which was to given them the opportunity to have the ball and to play in organised attack.

"I think they are much more dangerous in counter-attack situations. They have fast people in attack and they can be really dangerous, but we managed to control that in an amazing way," Mourinho told Sky Sports.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...