Super Eagles star makes stunning revelation of what jealous people once put in his mother's stew

Super Eagles star makes stunning revelation of what jealous people once put in his mother's stew

Super Eagles star John Ogu has narrated how difficult life was growing up as a child claiming some jealous people once mixed his mother's stew with kerosene to frustrate her food business.

The Al-Adalah of Saudi Arabia midfielder also disclosed that the situation was so terrible that armed robbers also laid siege on his father, stole his car and then dumped him in a canal.

He said: "Thinking about when my mum be selling food on the street and people get jealous of her that they had to pour kerosene in her stew just to make all difficult for her and her children, but we never gave up.

"Armed robbers stopped my dad some years back and they took his car from him and threw him into canal at Gbagada (an area in the heart of Lagos) and he survived it.

"Thanks to my cousin Ogaranyaa and his family for accommodating us at that time. I will always be by your side cuzo."

Ogu who is now 32 further stated that his family was so poor that their house was always flooded whenever it rained that they had to seek accommodation with his cousin who was there for them.

"It got to a time whenever it rains; we have to be awake to pack water from our living room.

We did that all with anger in our heart but hey, I said I will never put my family in shame in life as my parent taught me and my siblings what discipline is all about."

The former Hapoel Be'er Sheva of Israel star finally explained that his message was just to inspire those that may have lost hope, saying better days are ahead.

"Did all this with so much pain in our heart, but comes a day when I decided that football is my life.

I stayed humble and went through a lot and today am so grateful to God for all he has blessed me with.

"All I pray 4 today is to see my mum healthy.

Difficult for her but I trust God so much to help us. He has always been helping us.

"My tweet is 4 everyone out there who want to give up in life just because they going thru a lot. Today might be tough but your tomorrow will be great," he concluded.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...