Ghanaian football legend makes stunning revelation, claims Man Utd star Rashford is his son

Ghanaian football legend makes stunning revelation, claims Man Utd star Rashford is his son

Michael Boye Marquaye, a former Ghanaian footballer based in the United Kingdom, has come out to claim that he is Marcus Rashford's biological father.

The Manchester United star was born to Jamaican parents Joseph Rashford, his father, and Melanie Rashford, his mother.

Officially Marcus Rashford is known to be of Jamaican descent.

But the latest revelation from the 65-year-old Michael Boye Marquaye proves otherwise.

In an interview on Starr Sports, Marquaye said he is the biological dad of Marcus Rashford and according to him, that explains why the Man United star carries his genes as a footballer.

Asked why he is now coming out with this information, Michael Boye Marquaye told Starr FM (as quoted by Marca): "Marcus Rashford is my son and he knows it although we haven't seen each other for several years.

"Marcus was angry because he thinks I abandoned him, but that was not the case.

"I am not that type of person looking for an easy way to get money or becoming famous.

"Many now are trying to come to me to try and get a new story, but I'm not that type of person who looks for an easy way to get money or become famous.

I only wanted to make things clear and let the world know that Marcus Rashford has Ghanaian roots."

Marcus Rashford has played for England at all age levels and currently a prominent member of the Three Lions.

Michael Boye Marquaye was himself a prolific striker in his playing days in Ghana alongside some legends like of Hesse Odamtten, Ben Kayode, and Aboagye Dacosta among others.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...