Ighalo, Rashford on fire as they score brace each in Man United tough game at Old Trafford

Ighalo, Rashford on fire as they score brace each in Man United tough game at Old Trafford

Odion Ighalo has once again proven that he is ready to soar this season in the Premier League after scoring brace in Manchester United intra-squad friendly encounter at Old Trafford.

Ole Solskjaer and his wards have been preparing for the resumption of the season with their next game against Tottenham being handled by former Red Devils' manager Jose Mourinho.

On Saturday, June 7, Manchester United manager Ole Solskjaer decided to divide the team into two where they faced in what was a thrilling friendly game.

Due to the current issue affecting the world, the friendly match was played behind closed doors in which the likes of Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard, Ighalo and Matic were all in one team.

Bruno Fernandes and Daniel James scored once each, while Luke Shaw netted brace in the friendly encounter.

On the other hand, Odion Ighalo and Marcus Rahford both scored two goals each for the match to end 4-4.

"There have been a lot of different things circulating on social media and I'm happy to set the record straight: it did end 4-4 and I did score twice.

''Also on my team, Bruno Fernandes got one and Jamo Daniel James got one, while on the other team, Marcus Rashford got two and so did Odion Ighalo,'' Shaw told MUTV.

Manchester United are fighting to finish among the top four this season so as to play in the Champions League next term.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...