EPL: Michael Owen tells Solskjaer to replace Pogba with £80m midfielder

EPL: Michael Owen tells Solskjaer to replace Pogba with £80m midfielder

Former Premier League striker, Michael Owen, has advised Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to sign the £80million rated Aston Villa's Jack Grealish as Paul Pogba's replacement at Old Trafford.

Owen believes Grealish can compliment the Red Devils better than Pogba does at the moment.

We recall that Grealish had drawn the interest of Man United in the past.

"That is going to be probably the fascinating thing when they come back, whether he puts them both [Pogba and Fernandes] in the same team," Owen told Premier League Productions.

"I think it has taken an enormous bit of pressure off him that Fernandes has done fantastically well. Now he doesn't necessarily have to put Pogba in straight away because there's going to be questions about whether they can play together.

"It might also accelerate the departure of Pogba now Fernandes is a brilliant player because all of a sudden when you are watching Manchester United you are missing someone with creativity, you are missing someone with vision but now since Fernandes has come in you are not missing any of that."

"Now, he [Pogba] might be dispensable if they get a high bid.

"If I was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, I could get big money bearing in mind they have got Fernandes now, and then you could go and invest in someone like Grealish.

"He might have the style that compliments Manchester United better than Pogba does at the moment."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...