Transfer: Victor Osimhen clears air on agreeing deal with Napoli

Transfer: Victor Osimhen clears air on agreeing deal with Napoli

Lille striker, Victor Osimhen, has denied reports suggesting that he has agreed on a deal to Napoli.

Reports had emerged this week that the Nigerian striker is willing to join the Serie A side and has demanded a five-year contract worth €4million per year.

However, the 21-year-old, who also drew the interest of Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United and Liverpool in the past, dismissed the report in an interview with Omasports.

"A lot of fake news about me agreeing on a deal with Napoli is sickening for real," Osimhen said.

"I am surprised at the journalists that say they are professionals. I find it amazing.

"Please disregard any fake news, when it is time for my transfer, you'll hear from me directly."

Meanwhile, Lille president, Gerard Lopez, recently confirmed that the French Ligue 1 club received several offers for Osimhen.

"There are multiple offers for Victor Osimhen," Lopez said.

"We turned down one English and one Spanish offer this January transfer window.

"There is a wide array this summer, and I would not want to mention the names of the clubs who are bidding for Osimhem but what I can tell you is that there are multiple offers for him."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...