Ahmed Musa makes big revelation on the appointment of Yobo as Super Eagles assistant coach

Ahmed Musa makes big revelation on the appointment of Yobo as Super Eagles assistant coach

Nigeria's captain Ahmed Musa has expressed his happiness over the appointment of former teammate Joseph Yobo as Gernot Rohr's assistant in the Super Eagles by the Nigeria Football Federation.

After the dismissal of former Enugu Rangers coach Imama Amapakabo, Amaju Pinnick and his chiefs decided to bring back Nigerian legend Joseph Yobo to the Super Eagles as assistant coach.

Yobo's appointment as Gernot Rohr's assistant made many people to ask questions about the rationale behind NFF's decision to hire the former Super Eagles captain.

Many were of the views that Joseph Yobo has no coaching experience and Super Eagles should not be a place for him to start his coaching career.

But Musa shares a different opinion and while speaking exclusively with Legit.ng on Instagram live, Ahmed Musa stated emphatically that he is happy with Joseph Yobo coming back to the Super Eagles.

''Joseph Yobo is the president and for me, I am very happy for his appointment because he is someone who always wants me to be close to him.

''We need ex-players to be coming on board because football nowadays has to do with people who really know about the game.

''Someone who does not know about football will have nothing to offer when he gets the position,'' Ahmed Musa explained to Legit.ng.

Ahmed Musa also commended the level at the which the Nigerian Professional League is being played now compared to when he was playing for Kano Pillars.

''When I was playing in the Nigerian League, you cannot play any away game and win no matter how good your team is, but I'm happy at what I'm seeing now in which teams now win 3-0 away from home which is an improvement,'' he explained.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...