Ighalo finally reveals major reason that made him snub N193M a week return to China for Man United

Ighalo finally reveals major reason that made him snub N193M a week return to China for Man United

Odion Ighalo has explained that he rejected big money return to Shanghai Shenhua because Manchester United is his childhood dream club.

The ex Super Eagles man recently signed another six-month deal at Manchester United in which many advised that he should make a return to China considering the offer Shanghai brought.

If Odion Ighalo had gone back to China, then the Nigerian would have been the highest paid footballer ever from Africa.

But he decided to stay on at Manchester United where he has scored four goals so far in eight games for the Old Trafford landlords.

While speaking with Ifeanyi Udeze on Brila FM, Odion Ighalo made it clear that his dream since he was growing up is to play for Manchester United.

He added that the chance to play for Red Devils is not what he can snub because of the money he will get by going back to China.

Ighalo also explained that he prayed over the decision to make before he decided to stay and play more for Manchester United.

"I chose Man Utd over a return to Shanghai for the future and people will realize that I made the right decision when the time is right.

"Money is good, Money is very very good, but Man United is my dream, I cannot jeopardize that dream because of money,'' Ighalo told Brila.

Odion Ighalo has one more year on his contract at Shanghai Shenhua and it is either he continues playing for Manchester United next year or return to China.

The former Watford star will now face serious competition for a place in the first team as Marcus Rashford has returned to training.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...