George Floyd: I suffered racism in 2020 -Tyson Fury

George Floyd: I suffered racism in 2020 -Tyson Fury

World heavyweight champion, Tyson Fury, has said that he suffered racism in 2020.

According to the British boxer, he and his wife, Paris Fury, were turned away from a restaurant in the United Kingdom due to his Traveller heritage.

Fury said this while reacting to the racial justice protests taking place around the world following the killing of 46-year-old black American, George Floyd by a US policeman.

The 31-year-old told GMB on Wednesday: "I think it is a terrible thing that's happened with the guy [George Floyd] who has been choked - unacceptable behaviour from any colour or race of people.

"A lot of riots have been going on in America, and I think they are trying to make a point and let people know it is unacceptable.

"Blackout should not just be a one-day thing, and you should not just post it then forget about it for the other 364 days in a year.

"Because I am a white male and I suffered racism in 2020 as a white person, coming from a Travelling background.

"Even today you can go into pubs, and you can see signs saying, 'No Travellers or gypsies allowed'."

He added: "Paris and I went to go to a restaurant and they said no gypsies allowed.

"I said, 'I am a heavyweight champion of the world representing this country [United Kingdom]'."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...