Quique Setien predicts what will happen to Lautaro Martinez at Barcelona

Quique Setien predicts what will happen to Lautaro Martinez at Barcelona

Barcelona manager, Quique Setien, has predicted that Inter Milan forward, Lautaro Martinez, will succeed in his team if he eventually joins the Blaugrana this summer transfer window.

We reported that Martinez had drawn the interest of Barcelona in the past few weeks.

The 22-year-old is one of Barcelona's top targets this summer, but the financial impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) means they are unlikely to meet the player's £97million buy-out clause.

Barcelona is eager to strengthen their side during the summer transfer window and are believed to be in talks with Inter over a move for the Argentine international.

Speaking on the development, Setien told beIN Sports: "We are all clear there are four or five footballers who play in Lautaro Martinez's position who are extraordinary and that any of them have what it takes to play for Barcelona.

"In reference to this player, he [Martinez] is a player who can be very good in this team, as well as the others who may be at his level."

Meanwhile, Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez, has advised Martinez against joining the La Liga champions.

Suarez believes Martinez would have less prominence in Spain if he joins Barca than he does at Inter.

He said: "If I were him [Martinez], I wouldn't change teams.

"Let's say the truth, and he would have less prominence in Spain that he does at Inter.

"I want to give him some advice: Stay where you are."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...