Super Eagles target opens up on when he will make final decision about playing for Nigeria

Super Eagles target opens up on when he will make final decision about playing for Nigeria

Queens Park Rangers midfielder Eberechi Eze says he is in no rush to make any decision about his international future.

The 21-year-old Greenwich-born star has featured for the England U20 and 21 national teams but yet to be called to the Three Lions camp.

However, his affiliation with Nigeria qualifies him to represent the country at the senior national team level.

The QPR star who was born to Nigerian parents has now been linked with the Super Eagles after taking pictures with the Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick last December.

"I don't want to make a rushed decision, as much as it would be a privilege to play for either.

It would be a great honour," Eze said on The Beautiful Game podcast.

"I spoke to them. But again, I am just enjoying my football right now and I don't want any added pressure on my mindset.

"I don't want to focus on the wrong things. I want to focus on what has got me to this position, continue doing it and wherever it takes me, it takes me."

Complete Sport reports that the 21-year-old was invited to the Eagles camp back in 2017 and trained with the team during their preparation for a friendly game against Burkina Faso.

It was the same time that Ola Aina and Chuba Akpom got visited the country's national team in London.

The Torino defender has however gone ahead to win Africa Cup of Nations bronze with the three-time AFCON champions in the summer of 2019, while Akpom announced his decision to switch allegiance to Nigeria a few months after.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...