Samuel Eto'o drops epic response after Diouf and Drogba both claimed to be Africa's greatest player of all-time

Samuel Eto'o drops epic response after Diouf and Drogba both claimed to be Africa's greatest player of all-time

Cameroonian legend Samuel Eto'o has claimed that there is no debate on the topic as regards who is the best player to come out of Africa, saying he is the greatest.

Senegalese legend El Hadji Diouf had earlier boasted that he is the best striker to have ever come out of Africa, but Eto'o who won the Africa Footballer of the year award four times says he is the best.

The Cameroonian legend reiterated that he is the greatest African player ever while throwing shades at Ivorian international Didier Drogba as well.

"Even if my brother Diouf the last time, with an extra glass, got a little lost, there is no debate," GOAL quoted Eto'o.

"None of them (Diouf and Drogba) can come and say that they were at my level or better. And it's not the fact that I say it, it's a fact, it's something that is there. I wanted to be number one and I have been throughout my career."

Eto'o had a scintillating career during his playing days scoring 56 goals for the Cameroonian national football team in his 118 matches. He won two African nations cup titles as well as the 2000 Olympic gold medal.

He also played for big European teams like Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, real Mallorca, Everton and more.

The Cameroonian legend also won massive laurels incluging 3 Spanish La Liga titles, 4 UEFA Champions League titles, 1 Coppa Italia, 2 Copa del Rey titles, 1 Fifa Club World Cup and a host of others.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...