Mourinho cries out, denies big allegation leveled against him over restart of Premier League

Mourinho cries out, denies big allegation leveled against him over restart of Premier League

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho has stated that he is ready for the Premier League to return, denying reports that he had wanted to delay the restart of the 2019/2020 season.

It was alleged that the tactician made an attempt to force 'Project Restart' to delay their plans for the restart of the league because of the dreaded coronavirus.

Mourinho has hit back saying he can no longer wait for the games to return, adding that other leagues in Europe are beginning to return gradually.

It was alleged that the 'Special One' is hoping to have at least one month preparation for his players fot them to be fully fit for the league.

"I don't think my position in the meeting has been reflected fairly at all today in media reports.

I have not asked for any delay," Mourinho said, in a statement released by Tottenham.

"I want to train, and I am desperate for the Premier League to return as soon as it is safe to do so, particularly now we are seeing other leagues preparing to return to action."

Meanwhile, Premier League chiefs reportedly want a mouthwatering clash pitting Man United and Tottenham Hotspur to kick-start season resumption.

The 2019/20 league campaign has been on hold following the global outbreak of coronavirus pandemic.

However, there are earnest plans to have action resume with the league's top brass keen to have the more than 90 matches yet to be played concluded.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...