Bribery allegation: Another member of late Stephen Keshi's squad tells Taiye Taiwo, Obasi to mention names

Bribery allegation: Another member of late Stephen Keshi's squad tells Taiye Taiwo, Obasi to mention names

Elderson Echiejile has called on Taiye Taiwo and Chinedu Obasi to mention the names of people who demanded bribe from them to play the Super Eagles.

Former Nigerian internationals Taiwo and Obasi recently alleged that the late Stephen Keshi asked money from players while he was the national team boss.

But Echiejile who was part of Keshi's squad that the AFCON 2013 said he has never been asked to pay before playing for Nigeria from both the Big Boss and late Shuaibu Amodu.

"It's very ridiculous with these allegations going around, and I wonder why the names of these people are not mentioned. "They should call out those who asked for bribes.

As for me, I played under the late Amodu Shuaibu and Stephen Keshi and there was no time they asked for money from me to be included in the team," Echiejile told Brila FM.

The 32-year-old, who has 59 caps for Nigeria has expressed disappointment that his ex-teammates who were throwing accusations around without mentioning names of people to be held responsible.

The former AS Monaco defender failed to join Keshi's squad that represented Nigeria at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil due to injury problems.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...