Boxing legend Mike Tyson names 1 major condition that will make him come out of retirement

Boxing legend Mike Tyson names 1 major condition that will make him come out of retirement

Mike Tyson's much-awaited return to the boxing rings might have suffered a major setback as the former heavyweight champion is not planning to fight a non-boxer.

The 53-year-old was earlier touted to participate in an exhibition tourney in Australia but the American seems to have shut down the idea.

He felt it would be a mockery of the sport to be fighting a non-bonafide boxer, and would only faceoff with a boxer if he had to come out of retirement.

Sport Bible quoting SunSport report that a source close to the legend claims: "Mike has ruled out the prospect of the exhibition bout in Australia because he does not want to fight a cross-over athlete.

He added that the only condition that will see Mike return will only be to fight another bonafide boxer.

"Mike believes anything else would be an insult to the sport."

"That's all I've been doing, getting into shape,' Tyson said on a #PlayApartTogether live stream on Facebook.

"I feel unstoppable now. I feel the same [as when I was in my prime] again. The gods of war ignited my ego and want me to go to war again.

"Imagine if I went out there and fought and I could help all these people we talked about."

Despite the hype surrounding a potential comeback, legendary boxing promoter Frank Warren has slammed Tyson and said he would have 'no chance' against any heavyweight.

"I don't care if Mike Tyson is in the gym for the next ten years, he has no chance against any heavyweight," he wrote in his column for the Metro.

"I have no idea who would license him at the age of 53 if it wasn't an exhibition match. I can't see any governing body doing that. He's in there getting himself fit and well, and that's brilliant.

"His coach talking about him fighting any of the heavyweights out there, would I ever put him with someone like Daniel Dubois? Never. It'd be an embarrassment.

I can't think of a single heavyweight he could fight."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...