Premier League giant set to overtake Man United in signing of Ighalo

Premier League giant set to overtake Man United in signing of Ighalo

Odion Ighalo has become a surprise target for Premier League against Newcastle once their £300million takeover is completed.

The former Nigerian international is currently on loan at Man United and the 30-year-old is favoured to earn a permanent deal at Old Trafford.

But the Magpies are looking to make themselves a force to reckon with in the English top-flight division next season.

United will need to pay Ighalo's parent club Shanghai Shenhua £20million to make his deal permanent but reports claim Newcastle are looking to overtake United in the deal.

According to British news media outlet Sky Sports, the Toons are looking at the possibility of running past the Red Devils to get the former Watford striker.

Ighalo would return to China in July to begin the new season if Man United do not meet the requirements of making his deal permanent.

He has been offered a two-year contract extension by Shanghai Shenhua worth a staggering £400,000-a-week.

On the other hand, the Nigerian striker has revealed no offer has been made by United to make his deal permanent.

"There is no offer on the table yet," he said.

"Because the season is still on and I'm yet to finish my loan deal. I don't just take decisions alone in my life.

"I have a principle and I have a guideline for everything I do. I always pray to God to direct me."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...