Nigerian midfielder 'attacks' Super Eagles boss Gernot Rohr, vows never to play for Nigeria again

Nigerian midfielder 'attacks' Super Eagles boss Gernot Rohr, vows never to play for Nigeria again

Nigerian midfielder Nosa Igiebor has accused Super Eagles, technical adviser, Gernot Rohr of freezing him out of the country's national team.

The former Real Betis star was invited for the 2018 World Cup qualifier against Zambia in Ndola but never tasted action all through the game.

He told Brila FM that it was painful to have been ignored by the coach despite working hard in training before the match.

The 29-year-old added that he demanded an explanation from the handler why he was overlooked in the qualifier since it was the practice of players in Europe to know their manager's left them out of his squad.

But he was surprised to have been told that his exclusion was because he was playing in Israel and no other thing.

"In Europe, if your coach doesn't play you, you have a right to ask why you're not getting game time so that you'll know where to improve in your game.

"The coach will even be happy. I did that when we got to Abuja. Wrapped my hands around the coach and asked him why I wasn't playing.

"You know what he said to me? I should go and play in England because most players he played play in England, he told Brila FM.

"That he doesn't like the level of the Israeli league insisting that I should move to a better league if I want to play. I was shocked because I have played in Betis and even in the Champions League in the past."

The 29-year-old added that the coach listed him among players who would only honour national team call-ups because of bonuses.

"The following week they took a picture from a newspaper in Nigeria and sent to me, you know what Rohr said about me is that I will not call these players again because they are only coming here for the bonus.

"First on the list is Nosa Igiebor, my name was number one. So I was interviewed on this same station and I said I don't want to play for the national team again if that is what this man thinks about me", he concluded.

Igiebor has made 15 appearances for the national team scoring two goals in the process and he has insisted that he will not play for Nigeria as long as Rohr is still in charge.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...