Nigerian boxer challenges Anthony Joshua, says he will beat the world boxing champion

Nigerian boxer challenges Anthony Joshua, says he will beat the world boxing champion

Nigerian boxer Raphael Akpejiori has stated emphatically that his desire is to fight his fellow countryman Anthony Joshua in what will be a big duel.

The 29-year-old who was born in Lagos explained to SuperSport that he has what it takes to dethrone Anthony Joshua who has only being defeated once in his career.

Raphael Akpejiori who is now based in the United States has been unbeaten in his six fights so far winning all via knockouts.

While speaking in the interview he had, Raphael expressed positive that he id ready even if the fight between him and Anthony Joshua would come up the next day.

He added that fighting Anthony Joshua is not about him making a record, but also the business side of the game which will help his career.

"I have to get my name out there.

I'm going to have to show some quality, in my boxing.

I'm going to have to present myself to the public and to promoters as this is a fight that needs to happen.

''I want to fight Anthony Joshua and I am ready for him at any time.

"But if that happens, it would be a great fight for the country and for the continent.

That could happen in Nigeria, that can happen in Lagos, Nigeria, that can happen in Abuja, Nigeria, that can happen in Calabar, Nigeria,''. he explained.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...