Super Eagles star speaks about Ighalo, tells Man United that he wants to join him at Old Trafford

Super Eagles star speaks about Ighalo, tells Man United that he wants to join him at Old Trafford

Super Eagles goalie Ikechukwu Ezenwa has stated emphatically that he would love to join his fellow countryman Odion Ighalo at Premier League giants Manchester United.

Ezenwa who currently plays for Katsina United in the Nigerian Premier League has never moved out of the country's League since he started his football career years back with Ocean Boys.

The 31-year-old have been in the Super Eagles since 2014 and was among the squad Gernot Roht took to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

He is very close to Odion Ighalo who retired from the national team after Nigeria's participation at the 2019 African Cup of Nations in Egypt.

While speaking with Super Eagles media team, the former Heartland goalie explained that Manchester United is his favorite club stressing that he used to support Real Madrid when he was young.

"I will like to join my friend 'Mummy' Ighalo in Manchester United. It is possible but I supported Real Madrid growing up.

"Any training session, he teases me my neck must shake and even though we have trained and trained at the tail end he'll score,''. Ezenwa explained.

He was also a member of the Super Eagles team that won bronze at the 2019 African Nations Cup in Egypt beating Tunisia in the third place.

Meanwhile, Manchester United are yet to make decision on the future of Odion Ighalo at Old Trafford because of coronavirus which has suspended football in the whole world.

But so far, Odion Ighalo has been impressive for the Red Devils and the fans are pleased with his performances so far.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...