Barcelona finally set price tag on star wanted by Premier League clubs

Barcelona finally set price tag on star wanted by Premier League clubs

Philippe Coutinho would have to be bought by £87million this summer, according to reports from Spain. 

Chelsea are at the forefront of the deal as Barcelona look set to offload the Brazilian international. 

Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham have also been linked to him, but Liverpool have rejected the chance to take him back. 

According to Spanish news outlet Mundo Deportivo, the 27-year-old will only be priced away from Camp Nou for £87m. 

Coutinho is currently on a season-long loan with Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich but the German club have made it clear that they are not making the deal permanent. 

Despite scoring nine goals and assisting eight, the former Liverpool winger has failed to secure a full contract with the German champions. 

He completed a £142m move from Anfield to the Catalan club in January 2018 and has struggled to live up to expectations.

Coutinho only found the back of the net 21 times and provided 11 assists in 76 games for the La Liga champions. 

If Chelsea do not meet Barca's asking price, Frank Lampard would have to turn his attention on Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz. 

Barca boss Quique Setien recently admitted that he wants the Brazilian to stay at the Nou Camp next term. Speaking to RAC1, he said: "I think Coutinho is a great player, I really like him. 

"He is still a Barcelona player. You have to pay the clause or pay a sum to Barcelona. "I think he can be here at the beginning of next season. I have to talk to him to ask him."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...