Rohr makes final decision on if he will continue as Super Eagles coach or not

Rohr makes final decision on if he will continue as Super Eagles coach or not

Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr has reportedly made it clear that he is ready to accept pay cut from the Nigeria Football Federation for him to continue as the gaffer of Nigeria national team.

There have been lot of talks and speculation surrounding the future of Gernot Rohr with the Super Eagles with his current contract with the NFF coming to an end by June this year.

Although the German has not signed a new deal yet with the Super Eagles due to the clauses he has been given by his employers who are the Nigeria Football Federation.

Recently while speaking with newsmen, NFF president Amaju Pinnick made it clear that Gernot Rohr must be working in Nigeria and must be receiving his monthly salary in naira.

Amaju Pinnick was also reported to have told Gernot Rohr that he must be going round the country to be watching the Nigerian League for the possibility of him picking home based players in his squad.

And while speaking with ESPN, Gernot Rohr stated emphatically that he is okay with the new terms by the Nigeria Football Federation.

"I am not doing my job for money. I am doing my job because I like it. Because we have built a team like you know, and money is not the most important. But I also have to look after my assistants.

"I accept because I think that my mission in Nigeria is not finished yet, and I know very well my players.

''I know very well the officials. We are now just like a family, and I think it is good to continue especially in this period now where it is difficult to change, to travel, to see new people,''. Rohr explained according to report on ESPN.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...