Boxing icon Mike Tyson gives Wilder, Joshua hint on how to beat Tyson Fury

Boxing icon Mike Tyson gives Wilder, Joshua hint on how to beat Tyson Fury

Former heavyweight champions Mike Tyson claims any boxer who hopes to beat Tyson Fury must be aggressive in his strategy.

The 30-year-old Briton recently clinched the WBC title following his victory over holder Deontay Wilder in February.

Fury has maintained his unbeaten record in the category unlike Joshua and a few others who got knocked down by their opponents.

The Gypsy King managed to salvage a draw in his first fight against the 34-year-old American despite knocked him down twice.

Tyson according to The Mirror believes Fury's opponents must use his tactics against him.

"Against someone of Tyson Fury's size, you've got to be aggressive, move your head and be elusive because if you stand still against a man that size, you're an easy target," he told Ring Magazine.

"You need to attack, use angles and stay away from his punching distance. You need to be close, but you can't stay at a distance that allows the bigger fighter to get off.

"A lot of people don't understand that size and style isn't the most important thing in the ring; it's the morale of a fighter that leads to victory.

"His determination, his will to win, his desire is what makes him a champion.

"But at my best, I thought I was the greatest fighter from Achilles, through the Art of War, since the beginning of God, since the beginning of time - I was invincible.

"And if there are other fighters out there that don't think that way, then they have a problem."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...