Good news for Chelsea as Andre Onana confirms intention to leave Ajax

Good news for Chelsea as Andre Onana confirms intention to leave Ajax

Ajax goalkeeper, Andre Onana, has confirmed his intention to leave Erik ten Hag's side this summer transfer window.

The Cameroon international said that he is ready to "take a step" amid interest from Chelsea.

We recall that Onana, who had chosen to play for Chelsea, had also drawn the interest of Barcelona, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur in the past.

The 24-year-old has established himself as among the best goalkeepers in Europe during his time in Holland, winning the Dutch Eredivisie title and reaching the semi-final of the UEFA Champions League last season.

But that Ajax team has been pulled apart, with Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt leaving last summer and Hakim Ziyech agreeing on a move to Chelsea this summer.

And Onana has now made it clear that he intends to be the next big player to secure a move away from Ajax.

"Do not get me wrong, I am very happy with Ajax, and I am very grateful to the club," Onana told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

"It was five great years here, but now my time has come to take a step.

"I do not yet know what will happen, but my ambitions and agreements are clear."

Onana joined Ajax from Barcelona in 2016.

He has made over 150 appearances for the Eredivisie champions.

His current contract at Ajax will expire in 2022.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...