Tyson set to do multi-million dollar business with La Liga giants Barcelona

Tyson set to do multi-million dollar business with La Liga giants Barcelona

Mike Tyson's cannabis company, SwissX, has shown interest in acquiring the naming rights of Camp Nou Stadium.

Barcelona are looking to sell the naming rights of the iconic football arena for the upcoming season, with proceeds from the sale set to be donated to the fight against coronavirus.

Goal.com now reports Tyson's company is among a number of firms hoping to get its name on the facility.

Tyson's business partner, Alki David, has since admitted naming Camp Nou after SwissX would be 'an amazing idea.'

"This is an opportunity that I am bullish about. It is an historic moment in the history of sport and it fits well with my current plans. Contact was opened at the start of the week and I am quietly confident the deal will be secured," Goal quoted David saying.

"This deal with the Nou Camp is another way to help. It is full of all the energy that Barcelona stands for. Swissx Nou Camp has a nice ring to it. That is my preferred choice at the moment," he added.

And when asked if associating the cannabis company with Barca could compromise the club's reputation, the billionaire businessman said: "That remains to be seen."
Camp Nou has never been renamed since opening its gates in 1957.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...