Excitement as boxing legend returns to training ahead of crunch fight

Excitement as boxing legend returns to training ahead of crunch fight

Boxing legend Mike Tyson appears to have unfinished business in the rings having returned to training for a possible plan to compete in four-round exhibition fights for charity. 

The 53-year-old retired 15 years ago after his defeat to Kevin McBride in June 2005 in the final professional fight of his career. 

According to SunSport Tyson who remains the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title at the age of 20 claims he is in the best shape of his life. 

During his two decades career, he won 44 out of his 50 fights via knockouts. 

His former coach recently said he would knock Deontay Wilder out in just 60 seconds if he trained for about six weeks. 

Mother of Mikel's twin daughter throws him surprise birthday party amid COVID-19 The former heavyweight champion, however, admitted that he's undergoing cardio and boxing work to prepare for a return to the ring. Speaking on an Instagram Live with rapper T.I. he said: "I've been hitting the mitts for the last week. 

"That's been tough, my body is really jacked up and really sore from hitting the mitts. 

"I've been working out, I've been trying to get in the ring, I think I'm going to box some exhibitions and get in shape. 

"I want to go to the gym and get in shape to be able to box three or four-round exhibitions for some charities and stuff. 

"Some charity exhibitions, make some money, help some homeless and drug-affected motherf****er like me. 

"I do two hours on cardio, I do the bike and the treadmill for an hour, then I do some light weights, 300, 250 reps. 

"Then I start my day with the boxing thing, I go in there and hit the mits, 30 minutes, 25 minutes, start getting in better condition. 

"I'm starting to put those combinations together. I'm in pain, I feel like three guys kicked the s*** out of me."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...