Cesc Fabregas explains why he would sign Kylian Mbappe ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi

Cesc Fabregas explains why he would sign Kylian Mbappe ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi

Cesc Fabregas has revealed that Kylian Mbappe would be his priority signing if he was a manager and had all the money in the world to spend.

The legendary 32-year-old midfielder was in his second season with Ligue 1 outfit Monaco when the coronavirus pandemic brought French football to a halt.

It's clear Fabregas is already thinking about his next step when he finally hangs up his boots and the 2010 World Cup-winner, remembered for his spells with Arsenal, Chelsea and Barcelona, joined Spanish radio station Cadena Cope at the weekend to share his insights on the game he loves.

During his time at Barca, Fabregas shared a dressing room with arguably the greatest player of all-time, Messi, but the Spaniard overlooked his former team-mate when asked which player he would look to sign if he was a current manager.

'Cristiano is 35 and Leo is going to turn 33, they are older,' Fabregas explained.

'For youth, talent, desire and mentality, I would sign Mbappe.

'The thought of having him for ten years up front for my team, I would go for him.'

Fabregas reserved special praise for PSG and Borussia Dortmund stars Neymar and Erling Haaland but couldn't look past Mbappe for his number one pick, a player who reminds him of Thierry Henry.

'Then there are players like Neymar and Haaland, but due to his goal getting and his speed, Mbappe reminds me of Henry,' Fabregas added.

'I saw him from in behind and it was a delight when you gave him a long pass into space.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...