Barcelona add fresh incentive to Messi's new contract that would favour Neymar's return to Camp Nou (see details)

Barcelona add fresh incentive to Messi's new contract that would favour Neymar's return to Camp Nou (see details)

Lionel Messi new contract could also make room for the signing of Paris Saint Germain striker Neymar.

The Spanish champions' plot to re-sign the Brazil international last summer hit a brick wall after Barca failed to reach an agreement with the French side.

Neymar left Camp Nou to Parc des Princes for a world record fee of £198million in 2017 but the 28-year-old has confessed that he wants to return to the club where he won the Champions League in the 2014-15 season.

And former Barcelona Vice-President Emili Rousaud believes the forward could be re-signed in a cheaper deal due to the effect the COVID-19 crisis have on the transfer market.

Rousaud who stepped down from his position at Camp Nou in April due to protest at how the club is being run said: "I think it's possible that Neymar could return in the summer.

It does not seem to me an impossibility at all.

"We will have to see if it opens or not. I have a feeling that the pandemic will lead to some deflation in player prices, which is good for buyers but bad for sellers.

"We will have to see how all these factors are rebalanced."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...